- As a woman, wear high heels on a camping trip or have to wear Birkenstocks to the Oscar's (in plain view, of course)?
- Have the bad habit for the rest of your life of licking your fingers excessively when you eat or have the bad habit for the rest of your life of frequently scratching your behind?
- As a spouse taking a new name, have it be Doodoo or Klepnermierhelgenermanson?
- Be able to walk on water for the rest of your life or fly for 3 hours on three different occasions in your life?
- For the same amount of money, have a job you love and have to work 60 hours a week or have a job you absolutely hate but only have to work 25 hours a week?
- Always be itchy or always feel like you have to pee?
- Inherit $100,000 or inherit the key to and the contents of one random safety deposit box at a Swiss bank?
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
I am so excited to have a special offer going on right now. $10 off your purchase of $40.00(use coupon code: lovemom10) or more or $5.00 off your purchase of $20.00 (use coupon code: lovemom5) or more.
This offer is ONLY available on our website: www.sweetpapery.com and NOT our etsy site. (see fine print below for details)
This coupon was sent to my newsletter subscribers. Normally I don't share the newsletter discounts unless you are a subscriber, but this one is too good not to share. Make sure to sign up for the newsletter to receive exclusive offers in the future.
Order by April 24th to ensure delivery before Mother's Day(domestic orders only). Only valid at www.sweetpapery.com, not valid on our etsy website. One coupon per order. Coupon can be used more than once but only on separate purchases. Expires April 30th, 2009. Cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts and not valid on gift certificate/gift card purchase. When checking out use coupon code: lovemom10 (for $10 your purchase of $40 or more) or lovemom5 (for $5 your purchase of$20 or more) depending on your total of your purchase.
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
While we were visiting for Christmas we gathered up all of her recipes and wrote them out on fun cards. Then we put them in a protective sleeve. This is key because you know how those cards get all kinds of stuff on them.
I loved this recipe box and idea so much I went out and bought myself one. Slowly, ever so slowly, I am gathering and writing all my recipes down in one place. The only problem is that I didn't want to use the generic cards BLAH cards and the ones we used for my moms, well I can't find them any more.
So today, I came across this great idea from Jackie Hernandez at Crafting a Green World. You can print recipe cards onto used brown paper bags. They look great and you might just helping the earth out too. Click here for a tutorial and a free PDF file to download. LOVE IT!
photo courtesy of Crafting a Green World
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Fast and Easy Chinese Chicken Salad
- bag of green lettuce
- can of mandarin oranges
- can of water chestnuts
- handful of sliced almonds
- chopped green onion (I don't always have this but use it if I do)
- cooked chicken (I buy the already cooked rotisserie in the deli section- I get make a lot of meals from this because of how easy it is. It is all about saving time when you are a busy work from home mom!)
- asian sesame salad dressing
Mix it all together and add chow mien crunchy noodles to the top before serving.